Malcolms Property Management
Malcolms Property ManagementReassurance that your property is in safe hands.
We are Property Management Experts
We will advise you on how to present your property to maximise rental income.
If you encounter a problem, we’re always here to help. If the problem requires professional help, we have a list of approved contractors.
We provide professional, photographic inventories. For your peace of mind we complete professional photographic inventories with Imfuna, capturing an accurate presentation of the property.
As approved agents with the NAEA Malcolms is a part of the PropertyMark Client Money Protection Scheme.
Our Comprehensive Management Service
- We will visit your property and give advice on presenting it to its full potential and a realistic rental valuation
- We will take photos and prepare floor plans to present your property at its best
- We will accompany all prospective tenants around your property
- We will credit check and reference tenants over the age of 18. We will also perform the government “Right to Rent” check
- We will provide an assured shorthold tenancy agreement
- We will provide a tenants handbook and government “How to Rent” booklet
- We will lodge 5 week’s rent as deposit with the Government Independent ‘Deposit Protection Service’ and issue Prescribed Information
- We will complete a full condition, inventory report and a risk assessment report
- We will move the tenants in, and hand the keys over to them, gain signatures of agreement on the condition report, and take meter readings with them
- We collect monthly rent from the tenant and pass that on to the Landlord. Statements are sent via email at the end of each month
- We are the first port of call for the tenant should any maintenance be needed. We use industry leading software – GNOMEN – a transparent portal to manage all maintenance issues
- We inspect the property after 1 month and every 4 months thereafter
- We move the tenants out at the end of the tenancy, regain agreement as to the ‘condition report’ and liaise with the Deposit Protection Service to refund any deposit
- Our fees are based on 14% inc VAT of the monthly rental income
Full Scale of Charges to our Landlords
- £180.00 (inc VAT) = £150 + VAT Initial set up fee for new properties
- 14% (inc VAT) = Management fee
- Tenant credit checks via Van Mildert compliant with the government Right to Rent check included Free of Charge
- Lodge the deposit with Deposit Protection Service – DPS. Issue Government compliance DPS Prescribed Information
- Issue tenants with Government compliance How to Rent document
- Complete digital Inventory and Condition Report
- Issue standard Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Move tenant in and take meter readings, issue keys
- Take monthly payments from tenants, deal with tenant queries and inspect property after first and fourth month within a six month period. Landlords are advised to have a professional clean of the property before tenant occupancy so that this standard can be enforced at point of tenant departure.
- £60 inc VAT renewal of Tenant Contract.
- £120.00 inc VAT to find a new tenant.
- £100.00 inc VAT to compile list of monthly payments and disbursements for accounting purposes
- £60.00 inc VAT to complete annual HMRC for Landlords
- Should you agree to sell your home to a tenant found by ourselves 1.2% is payable inc VAT of the agreed sale price
Please Note: If you have any special requirements, we can work with you to create your very own property management package including a combination of the elements described above. All properties must have a valid Energy Performance Certificate, EPC. We can organise for an accredited Energy Assessor to provide one at a cost of £100 (inc VAT). We do not accept cash and all payments must be received from a UK bank account via BACS