WORDS FOR PLEASURE
‘Words for Pleasure’ is a friendly, fun and welcoming writers’ group which meets on the first Thursday of the month in Cambourne Library at 1.30pm
For more information please get in touch by phoning Pat Callaghan 01954 718836, ask at the library or just turn up on the day.
There is now one combined group which meets weekly on Wednesday morning in the Sports Pavilion. The tutor is a local artist and experienced teacher.
Planning ahead, please phone 01954 710858 if you would like to sign up for a future beginners group, which will happen if there is enough interest, at a cost of around £60 for 10 sessions. This is a non-profit making group.
In this local group, levels of expertise vary from beginner to advanced, with everything in between.
For more information contact Nicola Marriott on 07811 154901
This is friendly and helpful group, to which new members are very welcome.
Photography group website: flickr.com/groups/cambournephotographygroup/
Cambourne Garden Club
The Club meets informally in the bar of the Belfry Hotel at 7.30pm on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
If you have an allotment, a garden or just a window box, come along and share your problems, hints and questions with like-minded people, some with green fingers and some just with muddy fingers. This is a light-hearted and friendly self-help group.
There is no charge while the Club is meeting at the Belfry, apart from the price of a drink.
For further info on the club, contact Wendy on 01954 202484.
Cambourne Children’s Centre
Cambourne Children’s Centre is located in the same building as the doctors and Library in Sackville House and is at the heart of the community offering free services, courses and groups for families with children 0-5 years. The Centre is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and can be contacted on 01954 284672.
Register with us so we can keep you up-to-date with what’s going on in the local area for parents and carers with children under five years old. Cambourne is also linked with the Children’s Centres at Bassingbourn, Caldecote and Melbourn, and you can attend activities at any other Centres in the county.
Our new website at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/cambschildrencentres has further information about Cambridgeshire’s Children’s Centres and what we can offer you in terms of advice and information.
Cambourne's Children's Centre
Cambourne’s Children’s Centre
Cambourne Children’s Centre, Sackville House, Sackville Way, Great Cambourne, Cambridgeshire. CB23 6HL
At Cambourne our main activities currently include :
- Lets get physical– for children and parents/carers to get moving together and make new friends. Contains music, songs, parachute play, ball games and other lively activities. They will help develop balance, co-ordination and communication skills appropriate to your child’s ability, whilst having fun together @ Cambourne Church 9.30 – 10.15 am: 0 – 2 year olds 10.30 – 11.15 am: 2 – 5 year olds (term time only)
- Baby Club for parents and carers with newborns until they are mobile on Monday all year round from 1.30-3pm @ Cambourne Children’s Centre
- Young Parents Group for parents under 25. Meet other parents of a similar age whilst enjoying activities with your children. Support will also be available from family workers and health visiting team around housing, benefits, healthily eating. Wednesday 10.30am- 12 noon
- International Group. An opportunity to meet other families from different backgrounds and cultures whilst enjoying play and activities with your children. Thursday 10-11.30am (term time only)
- Toy Library. Come and choose from a range of toys to extend your child’s learning and help them have fun. This is a new group run by volunteers with a chance to borrow toys for children 0-5 years and children can play alongside. Thursday 1-2.30pm (term time only)
- Breastfeeding café – a drop in group for new Mums & Mums to be. An opportunity to meet other breastfeeding mums, share experiences with Health Professionals available to support and help if you are having difficulties. Friday 10-11.30am
Please drop in and meet our friendly team.
Mens Bake Club
Here is some info about the Mens Bake Club, we’ve had a lot of coverage in the national media and even appeared on GBBO this year!
Men! Have you found that you have a skill for baking? Are your pies a thing of meat filled beauty, is your bread a crusty masterpiece, do your cookies and cakes leave the family wanting more?
Then the, men only, Cambourne Bake Club could be for you!
The first rule of Bake Club is: No cupcakes, No pink icing, No ribbons, bows, flowers etc.
The second rule of Bake Club is: If you can bake it you can bring it (except for: see first rule) so, pies, pizzas, breads cakes and cookies are all fine.
The third rule of Bake Club is: Perfection isn’t required – just as long as it’s edible!
The idea is simple, come along, bring your baked foods to share and eat with the other bakers. At the end of the night we dish out whatever is left over. Best of all it’s FREE!
We hold the evenings at Greens Coffee Shop/Wine bar. So, if you want a beer with your pie, wine with your pizza or just a coffee with your cake it’s all there for you!
Men – It’s time to release your inner Paul Hollywood, whip out your hairy bakers and get baking!
Numbers are limited so, to receive further details and to reserve your place, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Facebook: Cambourne Bake Club
Other Community Groups in Cambourne
Cambourne Love Justice Group Cambourne Ladies International Club
Len Thornton: 01954 710370 Contact Laura Bangs email email@example.com
Women’s Institute Reading Groups
Pan Hume 01954 201808 / Joan Roe 01954 200908 firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Business Breakfast Timebank
Jo Christy email@example.com 0300 111 3555 or direct 01223 713555
07852 227917 firstname.lastname@example.org