As One Door Shuts Another Door Opens!
Here at Malcolms we are pleased to be involved with all aspects of our local community and bring that information to you. Whether you live in the area, or you are looking to move to this lovely part of the country in the near or distant future, we can provide you with infrastructure progress and local news.
Being involved with all aspects of our local area gives us the greatest insight to help potential buyers and landlords achieve what they want.
Sitting on the transport spine of the country, Alconbury Weald will transform a 1420 acre largely brownfield and gated site into a unique and inspiring place for working, living, learning and leisure.
So what can be expected and when? Well over the next few months we will look to keep you up to date with different aspects of this area’s newest and largest build and development.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED?
Delivering Phase 1 of the Enterprise Campus (October 2014 onwards)
In July last year this stage Enterprise Zone began.
- Demolition of 43 unused buildings within the phase 1 Enterprise Zone (EZ) area
- Removal of taxiways and intermediate hard standing concreted areas
- Construction of two new “infrastructure nodes” with power, water and digital connectivity for over 800,000 sq ft of commercial space
- Extension of the existing boulevard allowing for initial road network
- Complimentary landscaping, including the formation of the sustainable urban drainage to manage a slow and controlled release of surface water.
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
- Development of over 8,000 jobs for local trades and workmen
- Living landscape of 700 acres of green country, 200 of which will be woodland area and allotments
- Generating great transport options connecting to major roads and local areas with public transport, cycle and pathways, easy road options and rail connections to local areas and London
- Already building a strong community working with local communities and surrounding villages with sports and leisure faculties and activities
- Sustainable green energy production with great water and recycling development
- Building over 5000 homes at varied prices and tenures.
Alconbury Weald looks set to boost the local area massively with lots of wonderful plans for all kinds of infrastructure.
You can keep track with new updates here with Malcolms, your local friendly and professional estate agent.
Latest posts by Alex Clark (see all)
- Alconbury Weald: New Jobs, New Homes & Green Energy – The 1st seeds start to grow - 20th August 2015
- Alconbury Weald: New Jobs, New Homes & Green Energy - 1st July 2015